Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Experimentation!

I've been itching to make things, but lately it's been of the 3D variety.

For starters, I made a paper collar my wife was kind enough to model for:

Link to Etsy Listing:
Radiant- Avant Garde Paper Neck Piece

I have another collar that's all done, just need to photograph it and list it.

I also had an idea last night about combining papercutting with origami. Wasn't sure if it would work, and it, guess what, it did!

This one's 14x14x8



Etsy Listign: Origami papercut crane with branches

This inspired me to make this smaller one (7x7x4), which I cut out all the "panels" between the folds making a paper crane skeleton:


Etsy listing: Origami paper crane skeleton

Let me know what you think!


5 comments:

:-) MaryLou said...

The origami is way cool! I'd love to see one of those using the paper that's black on one side and white on the other. :-)

Artsnark said...

these are fun!

youngmi said...

this is beautiful! i've been doing origami since i was little and cranes are still my favorite piece to make. this is so original and a fresh take on a classic. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love your work. Origami+Papercutting = Kirigami

Nori said...

those are incredibly beautiful!