Saturday, May 17, 2008

Alchemy is the greatest



So at Etsy, there is this thing called "alchemy" where people post something like "I need an entire living room set made out of crayons" budget=$40 and people actually do it!

It's great fun really.

Anyway, there has been a bunch of posts recently for everything under the sun, but Ive been having soooo much fun reading through them and bidding on stuff. Papercutting is a pretty specific artform, and not too many people are like "Can I have a custom papercut for..." but some actually have! For the most part, I've had pretty good luck with my bids and many great leads.

Regardless, it's fun to put the sales person hat on for a few seconds and really try to sell my goods and talents to someone. It also helps when I'm in a rut and don't know what to make, I can have someone else make the hard decisions for me.

I just bid on a custom monogram for a wedding so cross your fingers everyone! I'll keep you updated

~Joe

No comments: